View Single Post
Old 24-11-2006, 09:43 PM   #85
EDXR65SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikGan
So much for the younge guys are working on it, and we'll sort it out on the spot, grrrr, I can get my 250rwkw 1981 carby XE falcon to run without pinging surely a ****weak 2006 model EFI focus can do it standing on it head.

The thing is....
When you have worked in a dealership you may understand.
On the Focus, the timing cant be adjusted, there is no carb idle screws ect. We can only do what Ford tell us and it does say in your hand book to run 95ron fuel. If you already are, then there is an issue. If the dealer can't fix it, ring Ford CRC and talk to them. Also at a dealer, if you go in and jump up and down and scream at people and chuck shit around ect you wont get any help, not saying that you did.....

Also as a mechanic, you are 1/2 way through a job and your service advisor comes over going "how much longer? I have another job going at (insert time)"
Also it is easy to blame 'young blokes' for screwing up ect, but sometimes its the 'young blokes' that work out the fixes and do a better job than some of the mechanics that have been in the trade for 10-15 years.

Note, I have been in the trade 6 years, I am young but not the youngest by a long shot at work.
Rant over.
EDXR65SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote