View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #1
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

Unhappy Ive Broken my baby !!!

Well......its a sad day, my engine was pulled out last week due to a problem with blue smoke blowing out of the right bank under de-acceloration. The engine was stripped down and this is what i found. The oil pump was stuffed also due to metal parts in the sump and it had picked alot of it up and chewed out the internals. While all that was happening, i found that it had started to blow a head gasket between 2 cylinders on the block side, the heads were done 6 months ago, but Engine World found that the deck on the block was not flat and hence the blown gasket. Also what was found that 3 valves were working there way through the retainers and on there way to dropping through. So today has not been a good day for me, and it will be a little while before the black money pit will be back on the road : The piston was a hypertec liquid forged piston, and failed the rpm tests that i gave it, so a set of flat top forgies will be the trick, and a stroker kit will definatly be on the shopping list, i have already got the chrome molly valve spring retainers, hopefully that will fix the valve problem. And i found out also when i pulled her out that the twin plate clutch is totally stuffed. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

1974 XB COUPE
NO TRACTION AT EASTERN CREEK

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
COLD AIR INTAKE BY PERFORMER SHAKERS
FULL X-FORCE QUAD TIPPED EXHAUST SYSTEM

Last edited by thunderoo; 11-04-2007 at 10:15 PM.
thunderoo is offline   Reply With Quote