View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #7
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertman EF
oooh bugger. That sounds nasty! Also sounds like multiple problems, I wouldn't expect that from a fairly recently built engine.

So the shopping trolley is coming for another cruise, lol.

Rob.
Yes Rob...it was a bit of a shock to me also, but when i had it rebuilt, the block deck was never checked as this engine was running great for about a year in stock form before i ripped her out and threw in the go fast bits, she was in a XE ESP that i owned. It wasnt a major head gasket blow but it was enough to recognise when the gasket was removed, as you know yourself she was still running fine at the show and shines last month, the only embarrasing part was running out of fuel while showing off doing a sound off. And as for the valve retainers ive known about that problem since i bolted the heads on, as John from Engine World told me to regulary check and adjust my valve clearences and found a few valves pulling through the valve retainers, so i got a few replacements and temparary fixed the problem, so i bought the chrome molly replcements, but a time factor and the big girl spending alot of time in the garrage and not on the road, they just never got replaced. And as for the clutch, she was %50 worn when i dropped the engine in so i sorta knew she was getting close, but instead it was sorta #%@&$% !!
Yes the shopping trolley will be brought on the next few runs unfortuneatly.......oh well, all i know that now when shes back on the road as a 383 and John from Engine World is doing a few tricks himself, shes going to be more of a screamer than before !!!
1974 XB COUPE
NO TRACTION AT EASTERN CREEK

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
COLD AIR INTAKE BY PERFORMER SHAKERS
FULL X-FORCE QUAD TIPPED EXHAUST SYSTEM
thunderoo is offline   Reply With Quote