View Single Post
Old 19-09-2007, 08:39 PM   #18
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
I'm currently in a situation where I've been in the job market for a couple months and currently have a role that I've applied for (and waiting for an interview) and was wanting any feedback from AFF members that have been REALLY keen on a role and what they have done to get that role.

I have knocked back 3 roles now because I'm really eager to find a role that I'm really excited about/want to stick at for the long term and with a company with the culture I'm looking for.

Anyone in HR/Recruitment are most welcome to add their input

Have you put in that little extra (research/etc) and it has paid off?
(Recruiters) Any qualities that you look for that are often overlooked?

Like alot of younger jobseekers, especially ones that have also studied, its rather frustrating to have a really good attitude and have the ability, but are knocked but due to lack of experience.

I'm rather excited about a role I've recently applied for and would appreciate some advice not just for me, but for anyone to consider when applying for a job.

P.S I'm looking in the marketing industry (marketing assistant/etc)...rather competitive and most often a case of who you know :(
my experiance tell me that the last lineof your post somes it all up.
we grow up in a world thinking that education, hard work and a great attitude will help us acheive goals . reality is that this train of thought leaves you open to explotation , and may one day get you there , but not in a hurry. RELATIVES ,FRIENDS,AND COURAGE to sell yourself / combined with a will to cut the toes off those around you seem to be the trick, unfortunately though, high staff turnovers accompany these types of roles . unless your related to the business or financially involved .
GOOD LUCK !!!!
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote