Thread: Servicing
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2005, 05:24 PM   #33
RedStar71

I got a letter from my dealership the other day reminding me about the service. They are saying that if I don't get it serviced with them that it will void the additional 3 year Mechanical Protection Plan. This is meant to be after the 3 year deal has finished. I really don't know what to think.
The reality is if you read the warantee that all they will do is change the oil and top up the fluids at 15000km. Why does that cost more than $300?
My brother owns a Ford Cougar and he went to get the Motorcraft oil that is specifically meant for his car and they wanted $60 for a bottle of oil that you could by at Supercheap for $20. They obvioulsy mark the prices up. They obviously know they have you over a barrel.
To top it all off when he took it in for it's service it cost $800 and they also wanted to replace a part in the Air Con that was worth $1900 because it had a stain on it!!!! The air con is fine and never been a problem! Then to add to it all his Auto Transmission started to play up on the drive back home! They are all crooks in Ford Service and because of our warentees we have to go to them!
That said don't start me on Ford Credit!!!!
My 2 Cents worth.
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote