View Single Post
Old 22-09-2008, 01:04 AM   #1
Vidura
Starter Motor

Default Rear Passenger Door Problem

Hi,

The rear passenger side door of my AU Falcon developed a strange problem recently. It started last week, when the door refused to open from outside. However, it opened without any problems from inside. After that even opening it from outside was fine.

A few days ago I locked the car using the keypad. I heard the locks working and the lights blinking as it would normally. When I checked the doors as I sometimes would, when I lift the door handle of the rear passenger side door, it unlocks all the doors and opens up. This is happening regardless of whether I use the keypad or lock the car with the key.

Upon searching the forums, I realised that the AU's have problems with actuators after sometime and I'm wondering whether it's the same in my case as well?

The only other bit of information I could give is that I've been trying to repair the passenger side rear demister connector that came off the windshield with a DIY kit for a couple of weeks now. It's currently disconnected and I'm wondering whether this has any connection with the door problem (in terms of wiring) at all.

Thanks,

V

Vidura is offline   Reply With Quote