View Single Post
Old 15-07-2005, 11:42 PM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Hey Mike,

I'm currently with Ford in Marketing and Sales and loving it!! Loving the new C307 too!!

I don't think prices on ST170 are too high currently, the following search (http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/Deskt...ias=carpointau) reveals prices from 25,990 to 29,990 privately (lowest) and through a dealer (highest) mind you I reckon you could knock down those Dealer used ones a few grand... some with low kays too. We only had 2003 or 2004 models here, only in 3 doors and only in Imperial Blue, no options on any of them. So as our famous founder once said, you can have any colour, as long as it's Imperial blue (well close enough!!!).

Maybe check www.drive.com.au also for some info, I think it's a separate site. You'll be looking mid to high 20's again, but considering you were looking at $37,000 RRP for full retail before on roads, most people probablypaid anywhere from $35,000-$41,000 drive-away.

Depending on the condition of the vehicle, and the potential future collectability, I personally think an ST170 for mid to high $20k's in good condition should be well worth the purchase. More than any C170 anyway. I know given a second chance I'd have waited a little longer and then got an ST170 for peanuts once Dealer started slashing them (they weren't selling too well as most people bought an XR6 for the same money)

Hope this helps, any q's just PM me for more details if you wish. Only about 160 brought into the country from memory, so they're not super easy to find, but worth it.