View Single Post
Old 29-10-2008, 04:11 PM   #66
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some beers of note, for me would be:

"Shanghai Beer" - I'm sure theres a proper name, however its label simply says 'beer'.

Drinks almost like an irish red, but has a pale amber colour. Quite balanced and refreshing, with bucket loads of character. - 6.5/10

"James Boags Premium Lager" - I like this for easy drinking. Not quite every day, but to have a beer just to sit down and enjoy one, this is my pick.

Its refreshing with a good mouthfeel and a nice soft after taste. 7/10

"Kronenburg 1664" - 'Classy' French Lager. Its not something I could drink all the time, as it appeal is short, after a while you get bored with it, but a nice drop none the less.

Light and easy to drink, subtle gassy after taste. 6.5/10

"Boddingtons Pub Ale" - One of my most favourite beers. Great for celebrations or special occasions, or simply just to enjoy.

Beautiful Flavour, easy to drink, lovely sweet after taste. 8.5/10

Kilkenny Irish Beer - Another favourite for special occasions and to enjoy and unwind with.

Nice mild red, lovely balanced flavours, great relaxing drink. 8/10

"Guinness Stout Draught" - If I'm not drinking something lighter like Boags, I'm probably drinking this. An all time favourite of mine, its what got me interested in beers.

A great no-nonsense drinking stout, not too heavy, but robust enough to let you know what you're drinking. 9/10

"Guinness Double Stout" - Probably best suited to drinking slowly while rugged up around a campfire. Whilst it may not be as strong as some others, it very easily and quickly creeps up on you if you're not careful.

Strong full bodied flavours with a 'whole' mouthfeel. Lingering bitters and malt after taste. 8.5/10

All in all, I'm not incredibly fussy, I can drink most beers and get some sort of enjoyment out of them, but I'm not a dedicated beer drinker. I'm a fan of a nice vino, mostly reds. I like fortified wines, Port, Tawny, as well as sherries and meads. I get into cider a fair bit as well, a great alternative when I dont feel like a beer, but just want to pull a drink out of the fridge.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote