View Single Post
Old 17-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #18
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams
AS I said Daniel, it must be crazy to drive, drove a blown GT with 440rwkw not long ago, the thing accelerated in 4th as hard as mine does in 2nd, was a handfull but copious amounts of fun though.
It is fun, and very addictive.

I have been getting around a bit in the car over the last few days, and the thing that really stands out is how easy the car is to drive at part throttle. I don't know if this is true of all 400+rwkw blown Modulars, or possibly because this car's throttle is cable control and not ETC, but keeping the car "in traction" is very easy to do with the right foot....... A lot easier than say, a 360rwkw/750rwnm F6 engine. To the point now where I can drive it hard in every gear and just modulate the pedal in first and (sometimes) second, while third feels exactly as second does with the extra traction. Once you get it into third and fourth, the R888's are still blacktracking but putting basically everything down.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have definatley done this years ago. The F6's were fun and cheaper to do.......

But this is a whole new ball game.

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote