View Single Post
Old 17-03-2009, 12:10 AM   #4
Cougar2001
Starter Motor

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to post an update on the compressor enquiry that I made. Thank you to those that responded.

I ended up getting the compressor rebuilt by a fella in Sydney ~ Ampere Auto Electrical Services mob number 0400008877. The cost was:
*$500 for compressor rebuild
*$80 for bearing replacement (you may not need this)
*$420 Labour & Regassing
Total $1000

Please note the following:
Ford Australia gave us a part number and drawing for what they claimed to be the replacement we needed. This turned out to be completed wrong and gave us a huge stuff around. The main difference is that the compressor on my car had the hoses coming off the top of the unit whilst the part being recommended had the hoses coming off the back of the unit (this part can be found easily on the web in the US but is the wrong one). Dont make the mistake of buying a compressor from the US. I have heard that maybe you can buy the correct compressor Germany.

So my recommendation is to source a part from a wrecker or rebuilding your own compressor. Anything else is a drama and potentially risky as you may get the wrong part. I hear that there are up to 3 different compressors for the Cougar in the US and none of the ones I saw a diagram for were a match.

Good luck
Cougar2001 is offline   Reply With Quote