View Single Post
Old 17-05-2009, 12:22 AM   #1
XA Coupe 666
2many projects No time/$

Default Need your opinion. 2 xa coupes which to do as a GT mock up

Hi guys,
Sorry for this, its a bit long winded and for my user name, pi**ed when I did it.
Got a poser for you. Bought a XA coupe about 28 years ago. It was optioned from the factory with vynal roof, full GT front, GT wheel, 7 grand tacho 140 speedo and gauges, 302 toploader. Standard diff and is just a 500. I didn't like the XA fronts back then so I put a XC front (Including V8 radiator support panel) with rectangle lights, took off the vynal roof, stipped it backed (Orange with GT stripes), put on a XB Gt bonnet, painted it black (Henry got it right), mild 351 and 9" diff. Shortly after putting on the road I lost my licence for 2 years and the only way I could stop myself from driving it was to start again. There were some imperfections in the body so I stripped it back to bare metal and pulled down the motor for a complete rebuild. Filled all unused holes in the engine bay cut the battery stay out, hidden wirng loom, welded & filled all seams blah, blah, blah. It is still off the road, you know the story, marriage, kids, house debt, etc. A friend then gave me a genuine phase four sump which came off a race car from that era (I have since bought another). This started me thinking. Then I came across another XA coupe rolling shell, it was a 6 but has a funtioning sun roof. By this stage I had warmed to the XA's and thought I would do it up as a phase 4 copy. So Istarted collecting GT bits. I have a mint bonnet (I still have the original but is in need of repair), 2 driver guards, 1 passenger guard, a grille that only has one small crack, 2 8 grand tachos, another GT wheel, another 9" diff but is disc the other is drum with panel van drums. But I have now started to think I should put the other back to original seeing though it actually came from the factory that way.

Hense my question.

I want your thoughts on which one to put all the GT stuff on.

The one that came from the factory looking that way
or
the one with the sun roof?

Both are only 500's so either will only be a copy.

I will put some pics on later which may or may not help decide things.

The thing is after nearly a quarter of a century off the road I'm thinking I'll be lucky to do one let alone two so I need to choose and sell the other. (Not for some time yet)

So guys & girls, what's your thoughts????????

Last edited by XA Coupe 666; 17-05-2009 at 12:36 AM.
XA Coupe 666 is offline   Reply With Quote