View Single Post
Old 01-01-2005, 02:13 PM   #18
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

HI Jack
The moral dilemna is one that we have all faced in making the decision to make the move that we have. In terms of the admin team, this was a particularly hard decision as we had invested substantial time and effort into FF and obviously had strong ties to the individual concerned.

The final decision came to one that revolved around the long term strategy for ourselves and the member base and we believe that the .au site represents the best way of moving ahead.

It is, however, a decision for you and your team to make and we will respect that decision whatever you decide. We will certainly be looking to strengthen ties with some of the other Ford enthusiast forums as we see them as part of the wider community rather than a competing force. In the longer term we would like to see some ground for combining forces under a single banner when dealing with Ford and FPV as there is strength in numbers. How that might work is a guess at the moment but I would see something like a combined association of AU Ford based forums (still all having their individual sites) but with combined representation at the top levels. It will take some work but I believe it is achievable. Time will tell whether the other FF and some of the other forums will want to be involved but the initial discussions with some of them have been promising.

Good luck with your decision making process.

Regards
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty
G'day all,

This has come out of nowhere and now it seems that the Club is stuck between 2 opposing forces. A number of options are available such as remaining where we are, creating our own forums, merging with a rival E series site, joining Fordmods, or, of course, setting ourselves up here. My initial concern that we would not be wanted here seems to be amply addressed.

The good team at AFF have made an offer that would not only grant us more forums than we have had in years, but assistance with an internet URL goal that has been frustratingly out of our reach all this time. Further to this, it seems the majority of Australian members have chosen to make this transition, so it would make sense to be a part of this community in the interests of exposure.

On the other hand, we have had no issues where we are, and in fact I feel hugely in debt to the site owner for everything he has done for us in terms of both facilities and exposure. He has indicated he wishes to equal any AFF offer made to us. As creator of the Club is is quite a personal matter and if I am to have to repay the site's years of support with deserting it at a crucial time, it is not a task I am looking forward to.

Regards,

Jack

Last edited by russellw; 01-01-2005 at 02:24 PM.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote