View Single Post
Old 26-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #66
tcrowdey
Starter Motor

Default Re: My issues with City ford Zetland

Well written post Fiesta man69 and I agree with everything you bring up and people should take it all in and make their own judgements. Here is some extra information in regard to my plight.
The saga did go on for too long partially my fault. When his staff did not resolve each time I left my car, I did not immediately go back to Brent as I was just too busy. Mostly however I was determined to have mine fixed because I did not want the new model because it does not have the red dash, stupid I know but I loved that dash. My biggest complaint was his staff not letting him know they could not fix it, as I have said each time I went back to him, he would jump to trying again.
No he did not pay for the tow truck but we did agree that he would pay for a 5 year warranty, which he did instead.
I would never expect a guy be sacked for a mistake, only that they learn from the mistake, I just hope that they have (one can only hope).
My cars vibration was not horrendous, it was just worse than when it was new so from my viewpoint was not the car I paid for, hence why I wanted satisfaction. I'm sure anyone else who drives the car when thinking to buy will make their own judgement on whether they like it or not, they may find it fine, it is just not what I bought.
The WT I am receiving is a execs from Ford HQ in melbourne. It is from the pilot built that first came to Australia build October 2010. The car has independantly been put over the pits and given to me to drive as much as I liked before I made my decision. I was freely allowed to reject the car if I saw fit.
I have driven a few WT's now including the loan vehicle he gave me which had 600km on it. To my shock the WT from melbourne is by far the tightest build of any of them, extremely impressive example of the breed, and lightyears better than the WS I owned. Maybe pilot builds have more care taken, either way I loved it and was happy to accept it. I will point out that my request to him was for a Black Zetec manual with similar miles as a replacement or a refund, so in that regard he fulfilled my request.
Yes I went over it with a fine tooth comb and the drive was so impressive, I said yes no problem.
Now don't get me wrong I am not here to blow wind up Mr Polites (you know what) mistakes were most definitely made and I truely hope that things have been learn't from it. As for my personal position, he has made me very happy and I hope that this is to be the end of it and I give praise only that I believe he finally deserves it.
For those who did notice, it was I who requested the administraters of this site reword my posts title. I did this freely and without request from Brent Polites because I was happy with my result and now considered it harsh. In fact I am so pleased with my result I would consider buying a car from him in the future.
As for your post I hope all who read it take it in and remember the points you raise, because you make enormous sense and your points are very valid and should be remembered if others ever get into a situation with a dealer.
It sounds like you must have had a nasty problem as well, hopefully yours has been resolved as well.
I hopefully will be driving to Thredbo this weekend so will post again after on what I think of the new (demo) car. Cheers
tcrowdey is offline   Reply With Quote