View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #67
tcrowdey
Starter Motor

Default Re: My issues with City ford Zetland

Last sunday I drove the replacement Fiesta to Thredbo and Perisher, a 1000km round trip over 14 hours. The car was a revalation on just how normal a car should feel. It was wonderful and I could not be more happy with it, once again I got to enjoy what a car should be. The trip was long but so enjoyable and reminded me on why I like the Fiesta so much. I have now officially put behind me all bad will I had for City Ford and as I said to Brent Polites, everything starts afresh with this car. Hopefully things have been learn't by City Ford and my ongoing experience with them will be normal.
My impressions of the WT Fiesta are that it is built just as well, it is much quieter and the seats are infinitely more comfortable. The gearing of the car has been improved so it runs 400RPM less on the highway and it is much more stable in tracking in the straight ahead. They have made a very neat change in the way the motor holds revs for a moment when you change gear, to make gear changes much smoother. The suspension is firmer in the WT Zetec as is the steering. All in all it is a better car than the WS but most of all I am now free of that wierd vibration that was in my old car that was like a itch you could not scratch. It is obvious to me now that you can not replace a motor in a modern front wheel drive and expect it to feel the same. Hellaluya is all I can finally say.
tcrowdey is offline   Reply With Quote