Thread: Oz Fuel Pumps
View Single Post
Old 17-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #6
Cougar2K
Starter Motor

Default Re: Oz Fuel Pumps

Hi Dave,

Don't know if it's the Xmas silly season or what's going on but bizarrely, I've potentially been having dramas with my Kat past couple weeks and indications point to maybe being the fuel pump at fault!
Not happy!

It would seem the information presented on NECO forums around build dates and a Kat having return or returnless fuel systems don't seem to ring true for our Aussie Kat's.

I had a look on my own Kat and my setup shows information almost exactly like Yogi's. Part number code is exact same but date varies by a couple days. So in other words;
XS8U-9H307 - AD
01-25-00 2

More importantly, it has two lines at the top of the housing like the pic Yogi posted earlier in this thread!
So logic would presume that means it's a return system!

I recently fired off an inquiry over to the UK given they have RHD Kat's like us in Oz and I received some intriguing feedback.

As you'll note, they seem to acknowledge there's been lotsa chop n changes and I reckon Ford has really been screwing around with the whole fuel pump thing over time I guess!!

This was a lil snippet of what i got back below.

=========================================

"Hi Paul
There are 3 different Pump options fitted
between 15-08-1998 to 31-12-2000
You build date of 01-2000 fall in
between 15-05-1999 To: 31-12-2000
The part quoted is XS8U-9H307-AF

The original number XS8U-9H307-AB was replaced by
AD replaced by AE and finally replaced by AF

The other Pump designs have a different engineering
number sequence so i am fairly sure the part quoted is the one required..."
==========================================

On a side note, I have a very cynical view of some mechanics.
Being in WA here doesn't make life easy as aside from perhaps going to a Ford dealer, hard to find a decent mechanic that 'knows a Cougar intimately inside/out and well enough!'

So if anybody on the forums here may happen to be reading this post and knows of a good/reliable/reputable mechanic (preferably ex Ford/FTE type but I know wishful thinking) in WA metro area, then please drop me a line!!

Cheers,
Paul
Cougar2K is offline   Reply With Quote