View Single Post
Old 29-02-2012, 03:44 AM   #10
GTB 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Gtb 351 - 1983 To Now And Beyond!

Thanks guys. I thought I had thrown out the photos of the carnage but found them hidden with a bunch of negatives. I never wanted to see them again let alone show them; I nearly did'nt but its part of the story. I promised to treat the GT with the respect it deserved (but probably still fell into the hoon catogory) after this but also knew the car would never again be both genuine and original. I don't think I've ever owned a car that I hav'nt modified and have always classed myself as a hotrodder even though I've never done a pre 48 build. I would build the GT the way I wanted it and not worry about other peoples opinions(wish that was true!) I guess over the years the dream evolved and kept up with changes in technology but the style had to reflect the touring cars of Moffat, Carter and Goss and the Muscle cars of old.

I'm getting a bit ahead of myself so back to the mid to late 80's

The rear spoiler I found still in a sealed FOMOCO plastic bag with Ford part no on (wish I could remember it) in a Speed shop in Tanunda SA called AutoCraft. It was a fibreglass Cobra spoiler with metal reinforcing tabs as per the 30 race cars but had white writing inside it - CBT 1. Interestingly the no 1 Cobra that did the motor shows was not fitted with a rear spoiler so its nice to think that just maybe that piece of history could now possibly be moulded into my GT or maybe not? I was still running 15.1s at about 93 mph as I could'nt afford an engine rebuild or anything that would "get her hopping mate". Wheels, paint, polish and blacking things out was about it, Oh and of course the Voxson Quadraphonic stereo which neccesitated chopping up the dash GRRrrrr.

This ones a bit scary! Don't remember being that skinny?
GTB 351 is offline   Reply With Quote