View Single Post
Old 18-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #68
darkside
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Gtb 351 - 1983 To Now And Beyond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB 351
I was absolutely rooted at the wedding reception and fell asleep during the main course (comatos?) I can hardly remember any of it. The GT was still far from being finished and I didnt actually have lights or wipers etc and snuck the car home in darkness by following my brother in laws Monaro closely. I ran out of fuel 2.5km from home as the wedding party had photos taken at about 5 different locations all over the Barossa Valley and I wasnt expecting to clock up so many k's. The brakes were shocking(had refitted the single spots remember) with the Wilwood m/cyl. But over the next year work progressed and she was slowly getting sorted.
07 was the GT's first all ford day and she got lots of comments - good and bad. Had one knob jockey ask if was a real GT, I told him it was and he went on to tell me what a shame it was what I had done to the car. Somebody else wanted to know if I had a still fitted in the boot LOL. Enjoyed the drive to Seaview with the Barossa Valley Ford Club and entered it into their show and shine that year -
Parked next to Scotty's new GT.
And Werners Allan Moffat Special.
I hadnt yet trimmed the boot. Would get done before the GT Nats in Adelaide.
always the way when yur at shows ,always some knob who has to punish yur talents because you destroyed a gt ,happened to me at a ford show in qld many years ago when my xb gt was in black and sported a 400m c6 and some wild interior ,sposed to be putting my old gurl back to appollo blue but finding it hard to remove the black off her ,they look good in funeral dress
darkside is offline   Reply With Quote