View Single Post
Old 22-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #36
Phil B
Clevo power!

Default Re: Phil B's XB coupe

So to add to what I put up before, I got a few things done after that:

First here's a pic of the fixed fuel vapor line(?) part, you can see a stain from leaking fuel, new bolt and all good, much better than the dodgy side of the road fix I did on the trip home!

Tightened up the passenger side windscreen wiper so it works now.
Tested the washer squirters but they dont work, didnt get into fixing them though.

Glued one of the center pieces of the steering wheel back in that had come off, the black and metal insert piece.

Not sure if you can see but the inside of the wheel is missing a piece of black plastic on the right hand side of the lower arm, any ideas to fix it? Find another stuffed wheel to cut a piece out of, or someone know of something else that fits?

Then with the help of my girlfriend we fixed up a few things inside, few screws tightened on trim bits, one rear ash tray popped back in, dont have the other one though. Do you have it around somewhere Pat?

Checked the indicators and they are ok, so dont need replacing.

Dad started working on the rear side clearance lights, they didnt have globes, looks like they need new fittings though, so thats not finished yet.

Also pulled out the jack from in the boot, it's the original bumper ripper jack, I plan to replace it with a proper jack. Does anyone want it for originality purposes? Everything is there I think in the vinyl bag, which isnt in the best of shape.

Oh for those who havent seen, check out the dealer fitted cloth seat inserts! 70's baby!

About the spoiler and lowering, I do prefer the earlier one over the later XC one, so thats what I was looking at. I'm not a fan of lower at the back than the front, think I've seen too many XE's like that and put me off that look For now though, spoiler is on the wait list, more important things to spend money on first, later on though I would like to go up to 15" wheels, probably globes, and spoiler, would have to see where it sat before I went lower, I'm not a fan of taking 15 minutes to get over a speedbump!

And a pic to make it look like I actually did something... I think I was just having a look see underneath, found a silicone'd up hole in the floor to investigate later. Also looked at where to use a proper jack on it while I was on the floor. Checked the rear brakes and I have drums on the rear, wooo modern technology! Also had a quick squizz at the suspension bushes and I think some new ones will be on the shopping list.

Thats all for today, spent most of the day putting a roof on a carport, indirectly linked to the coupe. Its for my trailer and dads caravan to go under to make more room in the shed for the coupe! Its a very nice shed by the way, at the moment it has the coupe, a toyota starlet, a 10x5.5 tandem with a 14 foot catamaran on top, the caravan and heaps of working room down the side!

The purple monster, daily BA XR6 turbo.

Scale Lego Technic XB Coupe with working bits! Build thread
Phil B is offline   Reply With Quote