View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #66
Phil B
Clevo power!

Default Re: Phil B's XB coupe

Slight setbacks after today, coupe went into the mechanics for a check over. Of course the damn battery was flat!

Anyway theres a hole in the passengers floor which will need to be fixed for roadworthy, was kind of hoping itd be ok but it needed doing at some point anyway, there goes any chance of sleep on the weekend. The unrego permit is only for 2 weeks and im trying to be a cheapskate and not pay for another one, and i want to drive the thing so bad! Ive also got an engagement party on the weekend that will rule out half of it.

Radiator needs replacing, i figured it would. Where do i get one from? i have no idea.

bushes and shocks are ok so dont need to be done now, they can go on the later, more time and money list for now.

gunna be tight to stick to the deadline but im young and crazy and hopefully can do it.

On the long term list is new exhaust, it currently has a single, i plan on going twins so it sounds like it should! Question is will i need new manifolds coming off the engine for the twins? if so should i go extractors? or do them anyway? if so which ones? will they need modifying or getting custom made for space issues? (i think ive seen that mentioned somewhere)

do i need to get the exhaust made up from scratch? (which i have someone who can do that). or can you buy them pre made still? I have a pretty much stock 302 with only a 350 holly on top, so what size do i want? ive been suggested 2 or 2 1/4. keeping in mind that im more after a nice sound than a billion horsepower and doing the 1/4 quicker than i can blink.

also what are thoughts on the carby? go bigger or is it enough? seems to go enough for me now, will the exhaust help get a bit more though? i probably wouldnt mind a bit more go but not need to fill up at every servo.

The purple monster, daily BA XR6 turbo.

Scale Lego Technic XB Coupe with working bits! Build thread
Phil B is offline   Reply With Quote