View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #71
Phil B
Clevo power!

Default Re: Phil B's XB coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
I think a 3 core cross flow radiator is around $400 new. Similar price to a recore. I'm not 100% sure but I think the XD crossflow radiators fit too.

You only need a 2 core for the 302C but it really depends on what you have planned for the future.

When you came to pick the car up I was going to give you some bits for the 302C which included a radiator. It slipped my mind. Old timer's disease.

For your exhaust I'd just retain your factory manifolds for now. You can fit new headers later and hook them up to the dual system. I think headers start at around $500 for new ones.
I dont have anything crazy planned for the future, just after a nice shove in the back, which its not too bad at now, and lots of awesome V8 rumbley noise, which it's not so good at. I'll see what radiators I can find.

Oh well it happens, even to me!

So hook the dual system in to the first join on the manifolds? Then if/when I get extractors just modify the front ends of the exhaust to fit?

Go normal steel or stainless for the exhaust?

And yeah I know someone who does them properly, just saw a picture of a job he just did on a BA XR8, an old friend from way back who has started a business near where I am in Melbourne who does lots of fabrication and custom work.

The purple monster, daily BA XR6 turbo.

Scale Lego Technic XB Coupe with working bits! Build thread
Phil B is offline   Reply With Quote