View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #335
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: Time to mod my LV

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonfe
Strange the duratecs need that, I thought only the rs focus needed the serial code. Deal mostly with them an the xrs though.
I'm sat waiting for a bluefin to finish uploading on an xr5 ive been working on as I'm writing this and it's a 2007 model...
AFAIK the XR5's don't have the same issue with the PCM as the later model 2.0 Duratecs, for some strange reason according to information received from Bluefin UK via the Superchips NZ tuner (Peter), Ford went with an earlier model PCM in the later models and changed the software just to throw a spanner in the works. Obviously other tuners such as Bluefin and Viezu will be able to get around it eventually but in the meantime it would appear that the SCT X3 unit is the only one capable of communicating with the PCM via the OBDII port. It is still preferable to send the serial number from each individual PCM through to the SCT agent to make sure it is on their list first, I know when the Superchips agent try to read mine it didn't like it at all and at one stage the car wouldn't start and threw up a CEL which had to be cleared :(
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote