View Single Post
Old 20-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #105
Phil B
Clevo power!

Default Re: Phil B's XB coupe

Ok progress today was I bought a waterproof cover for it for when I'm down in Melbourne.

Then put the new headlights in, mush better now. I checked the wattages, the old ones were 75/50w, new ones 60/55w so extra current draw wont be an issue. They are H4 globes marketed as +100% brightness. We went out the road tonight and aimed all the lights and they are very good lights, glad I got them. Also these new lights have parkers built into them so we hooked them up as well as the standard ones, so I now have 2 lots of parkers

We also fixed up the choke cable, it was a bit stiff and bent, now it works nicely, I need it now down in Victoria where its freezing.

We also removed a whole heap of extra wiring that I think was from an air conditioner. There was wires hanging down in your feet that got tangled and a bunch in the engine bay, so we figured it looked bad and could only cause problems. Looks much better now.

This is what we pulled out.

While we were at it we wired up the cigarette lighter, pulled out a clock that was in there and not connected to anything and pulled out the radio that was in there. This radio is one of the original AM only radios, if anyone wants it I can take pics of it and make me an offer for it.

I have a new head unit to go in instead, a modern one with a usb port lol. I think I saw people had problems fitting new stereos in but we tested it and it fits in the hole.

Another time I will take a pic of the boot, dad made up some panels to cover the tail lights and it looks real good. I also took a video of it running tonight when we got back from aiming the lights, will get it up one day.

Sleep for now, then later today I'm taking it down to Melbourne for the week!

The purple monster, daily BA XR6 turbo.

Scale Lego Technic XB Coupe with working bits! Build thread
Phil B is offline   Reply With Quote