View Single Post
Old 30-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #44
sirchAU
'mechanically-challenged'

Default Re: Help with reupholstering seats (in leather)!

UPDATE: I was able to pick up a cheap second hand AU interior from the wreckers last weekend and decided to have a go at fitting them myself last weekend. So far I have done the front headrests, back seat and the rear bolsters. I've been using nylon cable-ties to fix the fabric to the seats.

Anyway, I am having a bit of trouble getting them tight enough around the middle of the seats. I've heard from others and seen a few youtube videos stating that using heat from a commercial steam cleaner or even a hair dryer can help fix the sag and tighten out the wrinkles, but I haven't tried it yet. Unfortunately I injured my back yesterday and am pretty much bed-ridden, so it'll have to wait til I've recovered. Anyway if that doesn't work to tighten the seatbacks, I'll consider forking out the $$$ to get the front seat covers fitted professionally. I don't mind the back looking a bit NQR but the front seats have to be mint. You'll see what I mean in these pics, sorry for the poor quality though.