View Single Post
Old 14-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #7
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Focus ST beats Toyota 86 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic85
Veloster turbo is 0-100 in high 6's for the manual, mid 6's for the auto. My buddies' Veloster turbo is about a car length slower down the quarter mile than my Polo Gti, and the Polo runs high 14's. So in terms of outright performance, the Veloster turbo would be on par with the Focus ST. The Veloster is also a surprisingly good handler, although my mates has aftermarket rims and rubber.

Also, I've said it before, but its such a pity the Focus ST doesn't come with an automatic option of any sort. It limits the buying audience substantially, and counts it out as a possible upgrade for me completely.
Mid 8's more like it. The Veloster turbo is a bit of a dissapointment cause its not really that quick. All reviews come to the same conclusion, thats its a warm hatch and nothing more, and would be carved up by any decent hot hatch on the market.

To compare it to a ST is laughable, it would eat it in everyway.

I do agree with you thats its dissapointing it didn't come with the option of a DSG, which I can't understand because they already have one in other versions of the Focus. It definately cuts out a huge potential number of buyers.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote