View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 02:30 AM   #17
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Mitch LX, you can do what Pieoter says, but an equalizer is way too expensive unless you wana go for the whole show car deal.
I had a kicker KX350.4 amp from my falcon with the intention of running my front speakers and a sub. It had high level inputs, but there was a lot of distortion due to double amplifying (or whatever you wana call it). So what i did was buy an alpine line out converter which "deamps" the signal from speaker wires and provides pre-outs RCA's.
I ran the front speaker wires into the line-out converter, then split the RCA's with a Y splitter cable and ran half from each channel to the front speaker inputs and the other half from the RCA's to the sub inputs. This way my rears were still running off the standard H/U and the front speakers AND sub were running off the amp which came from the front speaker cables off the H/U.
This only gives the same distortion you would hear if the speakers were just running directly off the H/U, which is very little indeed.
The main intetion behind this was to keep my car fully operative with the steering mounted controls. This thing still pumps out the bass even though essentially stock.

Hope this helps if you can make sense of my details

Tom
chevaps is offline   Reply With Quote