View Single Post
Old 17-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #7
FabFocus
Starter Motor

Default Re: Focus PowerShift Transmission

Thanks for the responses so far. They have alerted me to some additional costs re servicing which is very useful information. Having said that, I don't mind paying for this as long as everything is working fine.

I guess what I am more interested in is any insights into the original questions essentially regarding reliability as well as confirming whether the clutch in the petrol is different to the clutch in the diesel?

I am starting to sense that the clutches are different. I am also starting to sense that the well documented "issues" appear to be more of an issue in the petrol versions?

Based on comments in FocusFanatics forum, the guys in the US seem to have had far more probs than us here in Australia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabFocus;

But I am more than slightly concerned about the apparent transmission issues with the PowerShift. So, 2 questions I guess:

1. Are these issues still present? I've been reading some real horror stories elsewhere but most seem to relate to 2011 models (and those released in the US).

2. Is there a difference between the PowerShift in the Diesel vs the Petrol? Ie I vaguely recall reading that the diesel transmission is a "wet clucth" set-up as opposed to a "dry clutch" set-up in the petrol? Does that even make sense?

Any advice (preferably as unbiased and honest as possible) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,
Fab
FabFocus is offline   Reply With Quote