View Single Post
Old 29-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #23
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: What have you done to your Focus today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZFord View Post
Major service today. I did the spark plugs, throttle body clean, air filter washed and re-oiled, new oil and oil filter.

It doesn't feel right though - doing a major service without changing the fuel filter. I hate how the fuel filter on these cars are hidden within the tank, as part of the fuel sender unit.
Honda went the same direction in the late 90s/2000s, such a bastard to change.

You buy the lower assembly which is the filter, and you change over the fuel pump and reg, change o-rings, connectors at the same time etc.

I hated assisting on that job, especially in DC5 Integra's, you had to be Asian or a 5 foot midget to be able to do it easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I've got a feeling the wear is due to the lowering and I think Ford might have rotated the wheels at the 30,000 k service. Makes sense to put the tyres with the least tread onto the front of a fwd car, that explains why I have had poor grip in the wet lately. The guys that fitted my SL springs said it didn't need a camber kit but i think it does myself :(
I did a camber kit in the rear with mine when I lowered it, no noticeable inside wear yet and thats about 30,000km on these tyres.

I had a quick look at my rear pads today, looks to be around 50% on the rears with 51,000km on the clock.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: