View Single Post
Old 29-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #27
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 
Default Re: What have you done to your Focus today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99
should have got a diesel where you can change the fuel filter and enjoy the fuel getting everywhere.
At least you can change without pulling the fuel tank out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Honda went the same direction in the late 90s/2000s, such a bastard to change.

You buy the lower assembly which is the filter, and you change over the fuel pump and reg, change o-rings, connectors at the same time etc.

I hated assisting on that job, especially in DC5 Integra's, you had to be Asian or a 5 foot midget to be able to do it easily.
Sounds like no fun at all. I think it would be the same with Focus - pull the tank out and replace the whole unit. Sounds expensive, and probably not something that I'd want to tackle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
I've got a feeling the wear is due to the lowering and I think Ford might have rotated the wheels at the 30,000 k service. Makes sense to put the tyres with the least tread onto the front of a fwd car, that explains why I have had poor grip in the wet lately. The guys that fitted my SL springs said it didn't need a camber kit but i think it does myself :(
I don't know if its any different with the King Springs, but when I had Eibach springs on my car, and no camber kit, I had increased inner wear on my tyres. So when I had the Koni kit fitted, I made sure the Whiteline camber kit went on too - not from a handling perspective, but more so just to look after my rear tyres / prolong tyre life.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote