View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #1
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default HELP URGENT!! Need help to get the tie rod off.

The car is in pieces as we speak so I need an answer asap if anyone can help. I need to replace the drivers side tie rod as the rose joint is rattly and loose plus I'm changing the wheel bearing/hub at the same timel but the tie rod doesn't seem to want to budge and undo from the rack. I can feel that there is a small cut out on the bottom of the rack shaft where the tie rod screws in and was wondering if it's a key way or something as I can't get my fat head under there with the car just jacked up and supported. Is there a key way under there with a key locking the tie rod in place or is it just that the tie rod is stupidly tight and I just need more leverage? I don't want to go leaning on it if it is locked in place as any number of nasty things can potentially happen if I put enough muscle into it, so any guidance would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote