View Single Post
Old 29-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #14
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: what's a dog worth??

We had a little mini foxy when we first got married, she was a great dog and 18 years later she suffered a stroke and had to be euthanased

a few months later we got a pair of black Labradors (great family dogs if you've got the space and have no desire for gardens)

they were brother and sister from the same liter come the 6 month mark we took them to get desexted and were quoted something like $350 for the girl and $120 for the boy

2 hours later we get a phone call saying only one of the boys testis had doped and it was advisable to do searching for it, and it was pretty much an open cheque book to go looking

we agreed and $1300 later for the pair we took them home, man I swear I've seen mortitions make less cuts, and the poor buger was in pain for over a week

8 weeks later the girl got out and cleaned up by a car

you cant look at a dog with costs in mind (that should be done before you decide to get them) once you have them they are part of the family other wise

I'd have to say

Dog = $1100
Vacsinations $600
Desexing $350
+ the cost of food petcare supplies and so on and you would go crazy

on the up side, becasue george the boy was beside himself and lonely we went looking for anotehr dog, we rang the breader who wasnt doing it any more, we looked at Lab rescue and they didnt have a suitable dog

So we went to the RSPCA shop at Rouse Hill and for $375 we got a 6month old Lab/Staffy Cross who came desexted vacinated and microchipped hes also a great dog and the pair of them get on like a house on fire (you know load bangs crashes smoke and destruction at the end)

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)

Last edited by The Yeti; 29-07-2014 at 01:12 PM.
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: