View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 11:51 AM   #14
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok having driven it for only a day or so (i sitll need the wheels alignment) i have noticed a slight drop in ride quality (not quite as bad as going from the 17's to the 20's mind you) but the handling more than makes up for it, being able to overtake any commodore in the outside lane when they're at their absolute breaking point and i'm able to cruse past at 20 - 30k's quicker than them more than makes up for it.

As for scrubbing i've been over some pretty bad bumps on corners and gone up and down all kinds of driveways but i haven't felt anything yet, the main thing i have to watch out for is the front bar.

I haven't received the darker headlights yet but should fairly soon but i think i may already have a buyer (you know who you are) and the tyres are Nankang ultrasport NS-II's (225/30-R20) and they're decent enough in the dry but kinda dodgy in the wet, but at $310 each for the cheapest tyres i can buy i'm not left with much choice at the moment.

Anyway hopefully i wont be so freakin busy that i'll be able to get the alignment done today the the little bit of camber fixed up to. When we were putting the rear springs in we noticed there are adjustments there for the camber so it shouldn't be too difficult to get fixed up a little, Hopefully I'll be able to make it up to the cruise on sunday so you guys can get a look for yourselves anyway
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote