View Single Post
Old 27-02-2016, 06:54 AM   #186
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

[QUOTE=1TUFFUTE;5600900]Serious thought.....tried ear muffs or earbuds to help the sanity, even if only for 5mins?
Suggested this to a friend with a crazy loud new Baby......she thought I was joking....a week later, and it didn't take her long to adapt the usage of the ear buds so she could still use them safely and do what she needed to get done.......just a thought!
If up there for thinking, down there for dancing, you said IT, and i forgot about that part of my life when my son was born (20years ago) till up to around 10 years ago, i swore by ear plugs if things got out of hand, by that i mean my overreaction to everyday stuff, like neighbour having party .. how dare he enjoy life, or my baby crying for a minute, how dare he have wind, or the dog just wont eat his dinner, how dare i cause so much distress and confusion as to why? Thanks to a midwife at the time suggesting headphones and calm sounds whilst i cradle n comfort my baby son through the tough times.. so much so that i had to swap to earplugs when it came time to sleep, something i had to wean/ween? off as any sound after that and i couldn't sleep. But you are ABSOLUTE in that suggestion. Different occasions will suit individual applications. I personally went to the local safety-work gear supplier and bought the really soft yellow n pink/green stripe ear plugs. .. the ones with the pinched ends, as they were less painful after too long of a sleep.