View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 10:10 AM   #405
Alpha_omega
Starter Motor

Default Re: 2011 Ford Focus Sport, Transmission Shudders :(

It looks like my car is due for a clutch/seal replacement, mine is a 2012 focus sport, with about 42000km. Had the shuddering but was not too bad.
I normally don't service the car through the dealer, but had to visit them last December for another warranty issue, and they updated the transmission firmware.

After the update, the car seems to shift at higher revs than before, on flat terrain between 2000 to 3000 rpm, and around hills it shifts around 4000 rpm, this kind of reduced the shuddering episodes.

Recently had about 3 episodes during the span of 6 months, where had check engine light come on and then suddenly when taking off from traffic stops, had the transmission go into limp mode and got the warning "transmission service required" the warnings then went away.

I now have it booked in for next week at the dealer,, let's see what they say now.

One more thing I noted from the video on this thread about the transmission service,
I have also noticed oil seeping from transmission bell housing, which apparently is a tell tale sign of worn seals.
Alpha_omega is offline   Reply With Quote