View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 11:43 AM   #11
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Default Re: Diabetes: Discussion thread.

There was no history of diabetes from either my parents family that I know of. I am the only child of a second marriage. My five other half siblings don't have it. The heredity of diabetes down the family bloodline is still a much debated and yet to be solidly proven point. I'm more relating to T2, T1 might prove to be different - the jury's still out on that one.

In my case (T2) I was a likely candidate to develop it, however I was unaware my lifestyle was leading myself down that path.

Shiftworker, irregular eating patterns, overweight, irregular sleep habits, ate one large meal per day and usually all the wrong tucker. Signed myself right up for it.

I'd come home from work buggered and crash on the lounge for a couple of hours, had an insatiable thirst after I woke up. I and the Mrs couldn't work it out. Just put it down to work and summer heat.

By happenstance I was talking to a co-worker and his Mrs at a BBQ about this. I didn't know his bride was a T1. She said that I may have early signs of diabetes and to go see my Doc and arrange for a test. WTF?

Sure enough, indeed I did. Glad I went to see the Doc, changed diet, got on the meds and felt much better.

Fortunately these days govco has funded education campaigns, professionals and media are promoting the awareness of diabetes to the masses now that it is a growing problem with society as a whole.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: