View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 09:03 PM   #54
Paul Knowles
PK3510

Default Re: Future of Car Collecting

We all know car acquisition, collecting and values are so dependant on finances. The baby boomers who lived through the seventies, married early and achieved financial security early could purchase some great optioned cars at reasonable prices. I have owned a T3 TE50 for 11 years now and I do hesitate to park it and drive places, but if I was sensible I would have sold it and bought a dual cab. I would rather put kms on the clock than sell it, because we can’t all afford a stable of cars, I’m still the proud owner of a rare factory performance car. Lucky I decided to keep it as I’ve enjoyed it’s comfort and performance and guess what. I paid $27,000 for it in 2007 with 53k on the clock and now it’s got 160km. Work out what it now owes me. You know what killed the Aussie car market. Husbands allowing their wives to buy SUV’s. My 16 yr old daughter drove my TE50 for the first time on her L’s after driving the Pajero and she fell in love with the comfort and performance and soon after asked me if she could inherit it. I suggest we let our young ones experience these classics if we want the next generation to cherish our current pride and joys.
Paul Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: