View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 02:23 PM   #133
XRPete

Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
The ACM (radio/amp part) needs recoding. Forscan will do it, but you need an OBDII device with the high-speed and medium-speed switch - specific for Fords. I got one from ebay quite cheaply. Forscan needs a license too, but you can get a two month free trial pretty easily.

Initially, I just disassembled the ICC I had bought and swapped the LCD over - no problems with my own radio and the new screen. Then I put the ICC with my old screen and the new ACM in.. "Radio Code Error" showed up and I used Forscan to "recalibrate" it. Fixed.

Every time you reconnect power to the unit you will get the error while on accessories. You need to turn the key to ignition and the code error goes away once Forscan has programmed it correctly. It remains properly paired until it's unplugged from the battery again.

I'm skeptical it's not fixable. For starters, you've connected up a 9v battery and got the screen to light up. That's not the screen which is broken, it's the circuit powering it which is what we are trying to repair here.
The HS-MS Can-Bus that you have is that a elm327 modified?
I was thinking of purchasing one of ebay today.

The screen for sure isn’t broken, as ti did the backlight test with the 9v battery and it worked fine for me to. it seems when he said screen, he is meaning the screen unit (Fdim) including the boards we are discussing.
XRPete is offline   Reply With Quote