View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 10:18 PM   #220
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Running out of ideas, I ask myself some tough questions, mostly based on my decision to use the best parts (as I mentioned above) for another purpose...

It's quite possible I've got a broken unit that can't "easily" be fixed... Eg. A chip failure on one you wouldn't be able to easily replace - the main CPU for example, having a single I/O line completely die which is used as a gateway to a successful boot.

I always wondered, with reconditioned units, when the touch screen (which IS a single component on its own) is cracked - what do they do with the other parts? Maybe not all broken units are readily fixable, but many of the parts can be recycled?

Site sponsors are welcome to respond.. (Or at least, anyone buying a reconditioned unit should always ask, before a purchase - tell me what is the likely problem! Or, specifically, what did you fix on the reconditioned unit?)
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote