View Single Post
Old 17-02-2020, 11:48 AM   #14
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 
Default Re: Marriage - Bliss or Prison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
Just curious,

For those married guys or those in long term living arrangements with women. Would you change your life?
Do you think it's a prison or heaven. Can you do as you want or is there the prison guard to take approval

whats your take?
Married 14 years in April, been hands down one of the best decision of my life! I was oh so close to marrying the wrong girl back in my early 20s but thankfully it fell over due to her enjoying new found attention at Uni.

Years later I met my amazing wife, got married, struggled as newly weds like everyone else, took years to work out how each other worked and ultimately how to reasonably compromise. Enjoyed a few years as a couple only, we traveled, established a career each, bought a house... THEN had kids!

She is my cheer squad, encourager, supporter, the shove in my back that I need when I get lazy, best mate, my equal and safe place when life turns up side down.

In terms of getting what I want? Don't be stupid, I'm not a 3 year old, if anyone thinks as an adult that life is about getting everything they want, HUH! You're delusional! It's time to get out of your nappies and grow up. I've seen way too many friends along the way fall for that big fat lie, they expect the other to be their maid, money bags, or any combination of unrealistic expectations and guess what, it all falls apart. And the worst part is that they think that it's always the others fault... They never grow up.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote
7 users like this post: