View Single Post
Old 19-02-2020, 09:10 PM   #1254
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Will the Holden brand survive?

We knew it was coming but it is still something else to see the headline in the breaking news about the final nail being fully in the coffin. There are many reasons which are well known so I won't go over it.

It is quite funny the situation with the AUD and how it has flipped between the decision to kill the home made Commodore and the imported one. Gone from roughly $1USD back down to $0.67USD

What I find hard to understand is how prominent the RHD has been argued as a factor in this decision. Other manufacturers are able to do this including Ford.

Holden developed a platform that delivered a coupe, sedan, ute, wagon, and LWB in both LHD and RHD from factory on the **** end of the world. Those cars were the best we had.

Given Ford built the Territory on the Falcon platform I would like to think the same could have been achieved too. I'm not sure that's the case but it would make sense to me.

The cars GM dished up here were rebadged crap and have been for a long time with few exceptions.

If only they were able to come up with a volume selling model or two, Holden may still exist and perhaps we might still have the Commodore.
2 users like this post: