View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 07:18 PM   #1360
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Will the Holden brand survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
On a positive note,
We've just put on eight trainees into our engineering/ technical support group
The applicants at stage 1 were 400 and of them, the kids were so good that we
could have picked up to 150 of them all top notch kids, it was really tough to narrow
it down to just eight to train.

So you see I have a completely different view of kids wanting a job, we see the driven ones
where as I guess you tend to see more of those in the 5.3% unemployed but looking for work
group that are less than motivated. I wonder if that's because we already have lots employed.
Much of it comes down to the way they are parented, but you'd be struggling to get any of the previous generation to admit its gone down hill on their watch.
My eldest Son has been working since 14.5, is 21.5 now and a month away from the completion of his first house build and has just landed a job in a bank where he'll be on $70k+.
He didn't get a private school education or go to College, in fact he dropped out after yr11 and got told by his mates that he was mad and would go nowhere in life.
All this whilst growing up in Elizabeth and surrounding suburbs.

My Nephews Brother in law had a similar story, grew up in Smithfield, went to Smithfield high which could quite likely have been the worst state high school in the country, landed a job in a bank in his early 20's and is now a finance manager with one of the big 4.
This user likes this post: