View Single Post
Old 16-04-2020, 11:00 PM   #17
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
18 years ago i got my 1st **** box 4 banger and put a terrible sounding exhaust on it. Sold that a decade ago. Anyrate, works been a bit slow, but my apprentice asked today how is it i know on a sort of personal level so many clients and they sort of know me to the same degree. Its new to the young bloke, actually talking to people not just feux facebook friends. Go to site, do the job then start out with a generic non work related question like how was your weekend. Remember just 1 interest of that person, next time ask about that, say if they like bushwalking, next time ask have they gone bush walking lately. Pretty much turn yourself from being just the electrician into being an actual person. Obviously dont waste other peoples time, but that blew the young blokes brain learning that you can actually talk to people in person past the basics. So then people speak to you using your name, ask work to send you buy name. Its not cocky overconfidence, its just being a human to other humans. Its something the new crowd dont really understand, its called social interaction.

I think people at my work who started in the past 5 years seem less likely to be social with people they don't know. I have always tried to talk about non work things to work colleagues. The problem is there are probably 250 people currently employed at my depot. That's not including the other 70-100 people who have left over the past 11 years I've been there.

I think out of the 250 employees I only know on a somewhat personal level about 90. It still backfires sometimes, like when I asked someone how his house boat was going. He let me know he has never had one and doesn't have a boat licence
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: