Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2020, 12:10 PM   #7169
tweeked
N/A all the way

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
It's an interesting graphic and is drawn from Reddit research. I generally find Reddit centre unless you look for stuff which reinforces your own opinion, in which case you're skewing the results anyway.

I also would cut n' paste a few - ABC News bulletin is centre but their online offerings would go to the Leans Left Mixed Quality, along with 7:30 Report, SMH and The Age (since being taken over by Nine Entertainment). I'd move The Drum to Poor Quality Leans Left, because I find it is too progressive in that it focuses on vocal minority issues and is generally out of touch with mainstream Australia. The AFR would go to HQ Centre but the Sky stuff is bang on.

But that's probably just my bias coming through anyway Who could ever claim to be an unbiased arbiter and correctly position the chart contents?
Yes no one can decide what centre actually is, by definition it has to be "where most people are". So really, it matters not what is right (if there is such a thing) or wrong. Centre has to be the most popular (not the noisiest- a critical distinction) or the most offended, or the most who feel their freedom is being taken away. Where the ratings are is actually is the most accurate definition of centre.

The centre is generally politically quiet. They are watching The Block, Masterchef or Netflix while a few noisy people furthest away to the right and left argue about what is "right".

2 users like this post: