Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2020, 07:27 PM   #7382
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

I think they don't want people to leave short term (days or weeks) because that will increase the burden on quarantine. If you are leaving long term (months) then I think you should be ok.

You'd want to make sure your travel insurance is really good though because Covid is not an unforeseen problem so I imagine if you can get covered it will cost a lot more than usual and if not you probably aren't covered

My mum had a Europe trip booked earlier in the year and is still trying to get her money back. Apparently it's because the companies sell to wholesalers who sell to travel companies who the sell to clients. But one of the worst ones is the travel insurance.

You'd think that since you hadn't entered the liability period it should be full payment less an admin fee. But they basically taken most of the amount in fees even though they have no liability since she never travelled

I told her to tell em to get ****ed, they have provided no service and therefore had no liability. That seems like outright theft to me.

Last edited by MITCHAY; 30-10-2020 at 07:42 PM.