View Single Post
Old 13-04-2021, 09:43 PM   #14
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
You can meet heaps of interesting people when camping, either is Nat Parks or caravan parks. we have met heaps of great people (and some we don't wanna see again too )

We were camping at a farm stay at a place called Parry Creek Farm Stay, kinda halfway between Kununurra and Wyndham up the top end of W.A. back in 2012. It was hot so my wife and I headed to their pool, the water was freezing, anyway this lady about 50 wanders in and asks what the water is like and I said great, she laughed and said she knew I was lying . . . . .anyway turns out she is a travelling GP, travelling with her 2 Border Collies in a Pajero with a Jayco camper, she travels from town to town doing locum work, really nice person, we were watching something on TV last week and there she was, I can't remember why she was on TV, but it was good to see her still doing her thing and not at all pretentious.
I havent been back to Wyndham since I was 11 about 33yrs ago. My parents and I live there in the late 70s for a couple of years and we went back to catch up with friends. Lots of memories of that place. I spot I wanted to take my late father back to before he passed away. Its a bucketlist place to go to to take the wife one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
Bought a couple of these https://www.snowys.com.au/taipan-hotspot-chair
They come with heat packs. Yes I'm getting old !!!
These looks ggoooooddd. Nice find

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8