View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 09:45 PM   #4
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Car wash stations - rinse options

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I'm not entirely educated on these two car wash options but some Google info suggests the following -

Clear Coat Protection -
"Clear Coat Protectant is a polymer fortified formula. This product provides a long-lasting protective coating on all applied surfaces to protect the vehicle from the environment. Gives vehicles longer-lasting protection compared to traditional waxes or drying agents. Enhances beading, high drying quality, and a bright shine."

Some car wash places also list this sort of thing as "Wax". I don't know what is in these products but clearly they are water activated spray waxes/sealants. While not as durable as a regular wax, sealant or coating, they are better than nothing at all.

Spot Free Rinse -
"Many professional car wash locations feature a ”spot free rinse“ with reverse osmosis water. Reverse osmosis reduces the TDS of water by about 95% and does assure a spot-free rinse with most waters..."

Basically meaning water that has had minerals and salts removed to prevent water spots that etch into the clear coat.

I bet if you follow the hose it goes to a tap around the back!.lol

Cheers Sir William
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: