View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 10:54 AM   #521
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Oh no. I think it's bricked too.

The "-r 16384" parameter means reserve and "do not touch" the first 16MB that contains the boot-loader and 3 copies of the kernel, but start the erase and format after that point. The "Reading startup header" messages just mean it's looking for the kernel in the first 16MB, which is part of the boot-loader process, and it knows it shouldn't go any further because it will be scanning the 2nd file-system.

Yes, re-reading the docs, etfsctl needs fs-etfs-swsa_2048 to be running, which yours wasn't, so my last post is (or was) the way to do it.

I'm really sorry it so quickly came to this! FYI - I think to make it boot off the SD card requires changes to the boot switches, not to mention also having it set up with a valid kernel image that contains an SD boot-loader (something we don't have). If you trade it in to ASL, I'm pretty sure they will replace the flash chip with a pre-programmed one, so I would just clean it up as much as possible and go that route unless you find a cheaper one on ebay/wrecker.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote