View Single Post
Old 26-11-2021, 01:00 PM   #13
leesa

Default Re: Territory caught fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevesmini View Post
3) being a repairable write off it was cheap to buy back and once fixed can be re-registered
That sounds really scary but I'm glad she's okay.
Not sure what state you're in but in QLD repairable writeoffs will no longer be permitted to be repaired and re-registered from next year, they will all be declared statutory writeoffs. There are a small amount of exemptions which you may or may not meet, but that's more hoops to jump through. I haven't heard anything yet about whether existing repairable writeoffs will eventually be reclassified as statutory writeoffs but you'd better get cracking on the repairs.

Quote:
4) repairable write off reduces its resale value and i can only insure it for 3rd party now
This isn't true at least in QLD. I have a re-registered repairable writeoff that is fully comprehensively insured. You do have to be upfront with the insurer when you sign up though, not all of them will agree to insure it but I'm with Suncorp and they will do it. I have been in an accident, a learner drive sideswiped my car and it was still treated like any other car by the insurer and repairer.

Last edited by leesa; 26-11-2021 at 01:05 PM.
This user likes this post: