View Single Post
Old 16-12-2021, 07:51 PM   #526
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakka351 View Post
Would you be able to shed any light on (cluster) CAN id 0x1D7, a remote frame request. I have seen it appear on the FDIM and the IC when they are isolated from all other modules.

And I also saw a 29 bit CAN id (not 11) message from the cluster with a DLC higher than 8. It appeared on the hscan, I am unsure whether it was a socketcan error, but it appeared along side the 0x1D7[7] remote frame request, one single message. have yet to reproduce.
No idea sorry, that value does not appear in any of my CAN-BUS recordings on my FG2. Nor does it appear in the WSMs.

Just going back to your quote:

Quote:
Shift Alert or Engine Overspeed Alert?
See page 413-01-50 (instrument cluster) WSM for the FG(1) (section 9.3.33) "Transmission Shift Alarm":

Quote:
An audible chime for maximum vehicle performance will be sounded when a preset RPM threshold
is reached. A hyteresis offset is included to stop it from faults re-triggering. These
parameters - RPM threshold and hysteresis offset, plus number of chimes is EEPROM configurable.
No such statement is included in the FG2 WSM. Most of the really technical details (CAN ids) are gone too for the FG2.

It may be something you can set on the FG(1) or it may be the "secondary boot loader" that allows you to save and restore an EEPROM image... I don't really know (yet).

I wrote:

Quote:
I don't see the same repeating value of 0x78 like I do in my MKII Cluster.

Position 0x07E & 0x07F are the RPM Alarm configuration (here they are not set, being FF 00). On my spare MKI G6E Cluster, I've coded these bytes as 69 4A and turned on the RPM Alarm and it goes off when you hit 5250rpm (you can hit 5249 as much as you like, it won't go off). The value for 6000rpm (as mentioned earlier) and what an FPV will have set in these positions is 78 4A. The 4A part is some weird config to do with timing and how low the RPM needs to go below the set limit to reset.

Sad news though, I'm sorry to say, but even though I can enable the RPM Alarm and set where it goes off, these config changes in the EEPROM do not alter any of the values you can read via an OBD2 tool.

So... These are not settable on a non-FPV MKI without disassembling the Cluster.
Again, maybe the SBL can do this??

When I changed the number of chimes (that weird config thing) it didn't actually work! So, a bug in the firmware.

I.E.
The 4A part:
the '4' part=4*50=200 RPM offset which you need to drop below before the alarm goes off again.
the 'A' part is the number of chimes, A hex is 10 decimal, and... which doesn't work properly in the FG2, you only ever get 10 or 15 or something like that depending on what you set.

The FG2 WSM states, the 3 repeating values I saw are for the different engine types (4cyl eco-boost, I6 & v8).
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote