View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 02:15 PM   #30
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: East Coast floods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
After a day off, the rain is falling steadily again in Sydney. Damp has made such ingress that light mould grows overnight on many surfaces. Many lawns, once well-kept, are now knee high.

The BOM are courageously suggesting (in respect of the reality that governments now embrace shooting the messenger) this weather could continue into August. When it does abate, I think every wall will need washing and every ceiling need cleaning with a peroxide solution.
Well we can't complain compared to the many suffering eh....so sorry for them.
Can't imagine what it would be like having your home under water etc....
I ran the gaunlet Saturday being we had most of the day not raining (rare) - I went F it I'm cutting the lawn.
Adjusted mower higher a couple of clicks off I went.
Some sections I just couldn't due to being a pool.
Left some nice mud lines but expected.

I'm in a gully one house away from our creek therefore its always damp as it is.
Obviously were soaked through under ground, leechs getting about the dirty raskels.
Woke up one time with one sucking away on my shoulder, the other weekend whilst sitting outside with friends, I felt something between my toes, one starting to feed on my blood that filled with alcohol, hope he hated it !

We have rising damp - wife was washing down windows/walls.
D ick previous owner did renos, didn't put down ag lines or decent water proofing. (got a big reno to repair all this)
Gonna be ages till we dry out.
Got concerns of the many huge gums around us.
Each storm and high winds 1 or 2 come down near the creek.
Waiting on a lopper to come quote for a huge one near the home. (will be crane job thats how big)
Trouble is everyone been flat out since lockdowns done etc, rain delays etcetc.....
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: