View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 01:17 AM   #2
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Default Re: AU III XR8 new shocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTENVY View Post
Guys I'm looking for new shocks/spring for the old AU III XR8 and just wanted some input from other that have done so as I have never upgraded suspension in an AU before. I've done Pedders sports ryder previously on a ED Sprint that I had and they were awesome. I've also done Koni yellows with kings on a EB XR6 and an EB XR8. I preferred the way the Sprint handled/rode with the Pedders so I just got a quote for supply only for them just for interest sake and nearly fell over.

I don't really want to go too much over $1500 but if I have to so be it.

Cheers in advance.

Rich
The below has been done to mine and it sticks to the road like you know what to a blanket.
  • Koni yellows
  • 27mm whiteline sway bar (it have a 30mm adjustable one but it kept bending the sway bar links).
  • Superpro bushes throughout

It doesn't feel rough at all. I didn't feel any sort of real difference in NVH when I had all of the bushes replaced. The konis were in it when I bought it.

The car is running on 18s and the only thing that I wished that I had done was go for a more performance based tyre. The car only does about 2-3000k a year and in hindsight, I should have thought to myself that tyre wear is not an issue with doing those sort of ks.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: